Mediator Oman’s FM Urges Ceasefire on Call with Iran’s Araghchi

In this handout photo released by the Iran's Foreign Ministry on February 26, 2026, Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi (L) speaks with Oman’s Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi during their meeting in Geneva. (Iran's Foreign Ministry / AFP)
In this handout photo released by the Iran's Foreign Ministry on February 26, 2026, Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi (L) speaks with Oman’s Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi during their meeting in Geneva. (Iran's Foreign Ministry / AFP)
TT

Mediator Oman’s FM Urges Ceasefire on Call with Iran’s Araghchi

In this handout photo released by the Iran's Foreign Ministry on February 26, 2026, Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi (L) speaks with Oman’s Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi during their meeting in Geneva. (Iran's Foreign Ministry / AFP)
In this handout photo released by the Iran's Foreign Ministry on February 26, 2026, Iran's Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi (L) speaks with Oman’s Foreign Minister Badr Albusaidi during their meeting in Geneva. (Iran's Foreign Ministry / AFP)

Oman's foreign minister, who had been mediating US-Iran talks, on Sunday urged a ceasefire on a call with his Iranian counterpart, as Tehran launched a second day of strikes in response to ongoing US-Israeli air raids.

Badr Albusaidi "affirmed the Sultanate of Oman's continued call for a ceasefire and a return to dialogue... in a manner that achieves the legitimate demands of all parties," Oman's foreign ministry said in a readout of a call with Iran's foreign minister Abbas Araghchi.

On Sunday in Oman, which had been the only Gulf state spared from attack during the first day of the Iranian campaign, the port of Duqm was targeted by two Iranian drones, injuring one foreign worker, official state media reported.

According to the Oman foreign ministry statement, Araghchi said Iran was "calling for peace," and voiced "the openness of the Iranian side to any serious efforts that contribute to stopping the escalation and returning to stability".



Saudi Govt: Kingdom Won’t Hesitate to Take Measures to Protect its Security

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Govt: Kingdom Won’t Hesitate to Take Measures to Protect its Security

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chairs the Cabinet meeting in Jeddah. (SPA)

The Saudi government reiterated on Tuesday that the Kingdom will never hesitate in taking all measures to protect its security and stability and safety of its citizens and residents.

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud chaired the Cabinet session that was held in Jeddah.

The Cabinet praised the advanced capabilities of the armed forces in defending the homeland and safeguarding its assets and resources.

The Cabinet was briefed on the two telephone calls of Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, with President of the United Arab Emirates Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, during which they discussed areas of cooperation and regional and international developments, as well as efforts aimed at strengthening security and stability in the region.

The Cabinet expressed its support for the outcomes of the emergency meeting of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) interior ministers held in Riyadh, which stressed that Gulf security is indivisible, underlining the importance of strengthening coordination to address current challenges and developments in the region.

It reviewed the progress of preparations for this year’s Hajj and the achievements of the Pilgrim Experience Program. This includes ongoing coordination and integration among government entities, as well as efforts to boost services provided to pilgrims through the deployment of human, technological, and organizational resources across Makkah, Madinah, and the holy sites. These efforts have strengthened the greater operational readiness, ensuring the highest levels of comfort and care for pilgrims arriving from within the Kingdom and abroad.

The Cabinet commended the efforts of the Ministry of Interior and other government agencies, along with the follow-up of the Supreme Hajj Committee, in facilitating the arrival of pilgrims to the Grand Mosque from their countries through the continued implementation of the Makkah Route Initiative.

In its eighth consecutive year, the initiative has benefited more than 1.2 million pilgrims to date and has expanded to 10 countries and 17 international entry points, reflecting the Kingdom’s commitment to enhancing the quality of services provided to pilgrims.

Moreover, the Cabinet highlighted the establishment of the Saudi-Spanish Strategic Partnership Council, saying it is an important step toward elevating bilateral relations and expanding cooperation in promising economic and investment sectors.


Algeria Condemns Drone Attack on Saudi Arabia

File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT
File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT
TT

Algeria Condemns Drone Attack on Saudi Arabia

File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT
File photo of the Saudi flag/AAWSAT

Algeria expressed its strong condemnation of the drone attack targeting Saudi Arabia, affirming its full solidarity with the Kingdom in confronting anything that threatens its security and stability, the Saudi Press Agency reported Tuesday.

The Algerian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, National Community Abroad, and African Affairs described the attack as a blatant threat to the Kingdom’s security and stability, and a flagrant violation of its sovereignty and international law.

Algeria also reiterated its full solidarity with Saudi Arabia and its support for all measures taken by the Kingdom to safeguard its security and preserve its stability.


Saudi Arabia, Kuwait Coordinate Efforts to Tackle Regional Developments

Prince Faisal bin Farhan receiving Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah during a previous meeting in Riyadh (Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Prince Faisal bin Farhan receiving Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah during a previous meeting in Riyadh (Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
TT

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait Coordinate Efforts to Tackle Regional Developments

Prince Faisal bin Farhan receiving Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah during a previous meeting in Riyadh (Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs)
Prince Faisal bin Farhan receiving Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah during a previous meeting in Riyadh (Saudi Ministry of Foreign Affairs)

Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah received a phone call from his Kuwaiti counterpart, Sheikh Jarrah Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah during which the two officials discussed the latest regional developments and ways to enhance coordination and consultation in response to them.

The Saudi Foreign Ministry said the call addressed regional developments and the joint efforts aimed at consolidating security and stability within the framework of ongoing coordination between Riyadh and Kuwait on issues of mutual concern.

Gulf states continue their diplomatic engagement to closely monitor regional security and political developments and strengthen joint coordination in confronting shared challenges.