Israeli troops killed a Palestinian in Jenin, north West Bank, saying he was part of a cell responsible for the shooting attack last week near Nablus.
The Palestinian health ministry said that the man killed in the raid is Ahmed Nasser Jarrer, the son of Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades official in the West Bank who was killed during the second uprising in 2002.
Israeli security forces raided Jenin Wednesday night, and clashes started midnight and continued until the early morning hours. The clashes expanded to other zones in Jenin and the Israeli Forces maintained Jenin as a military closed zone throughout the operation.
Director of the Red Crescent ambulance in Jenin Mahmoud al-Saadi said in a statement that three young men were injured in clashes between Palestinians and Israeli soldiers in Jenin camp.
In his turn, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed his army and said that he blesses the operation, asserting that anyone who tries to target Israel citizens will be presented to judiciary.
Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman bragged that the Israeli forces reached the Palestinians who killed Rabbin Raziel Shevah, 35, on Jan. 9.
Widow of the killed rabbin thanked the security forces, exploiting the chance to call for legitimizing a nearby settlement zone as a response to the killing of her husband.
She added that the death of saboteurs means nothing to her since she wasn’t after revenge or retaliation as the “struggle is national and not personal.”
Hamas initial comment pledged to move on with the ‘resistance’ in which Hamas official Sami Abu Zuhri affirmed that Jenin cell wasn’t the first and won’t be the last.
For his part, Hamas spokesman Fawzi Barhoum stated that all the equations which the occupation tried to impose on the West Bank during the past years collapsed in face of Jenin battle heroes' insistence.