The eight key members of the OPEC+ alliance on Sunday said they had agreed a further slight hike to their oil production.
The eight members taking part in the group's monthly meeting - Saudi Arabia, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, Iraq, Kuwait, Oman, Kazakhstan and Algeria - agreed to increase December output targets by 137,000 barrels per day, the same as for October and November.
"Beyond December, due to seasonality, the eight countries also decided to pause the production increments in January, February, and March 2026," the group said in a statement.
OPEC+ had been reducing output for several years until April and cuts had peaked in March, amounting to 5.85 million bpd in total.
The reductions were made up of three elements: voluntary cuts of 2.2 million bpd, 1.65 million bpd by eight members and a further 2 million bpd by the whole group.
The group has been unwinding voluntary cuts, while the last element of the cuts for the whole group is meant to stay in place until the end of 2026. Eight OPEC+ members will meet again on November 30, the same day as a full OPEC+ meeting.