Saudi Arabia, US Ink Largest Defense Sales Agreement in History as Trump Visits Riyadh

Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, welcomes US President Donald Trump at the Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh. (SPA)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, welcomes US President Donald Trump at the Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Arabia, US Ink Largest Defense Sales Agreement in History as Trump Visits Riyadh

Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, welcomes US President Donald Trump at the Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh. (SPA)
Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister, welcomes US President Donald Trump at the Al-Yamamah Palace in Riyadh. (SPA)

Saudi Arabia and the United States signed on Tuesday the largest defense sales agreement in history, worth nearly early $142 billion, as President Donald Trump visited Riyadh.

The agreement will provide Saudi Arabia with state-of-the-art warfighting equipment and services from over a dozen US defense firms, said a White House statement.

The sales that the US intends to complete fall into five broad categories: air force advancement and space capabilities; air and missile defense; maritime and coastal security; border security and land forces modernization; and information and communication systems upgrades.

The package also includes extensive training and support to build the capacity of the Saudi armed forces, including enhancement of Saudi service academies and military medical services, added the statement.

“This deal represents a significant investment in Saudi Arabia’s defense and regional security, built on American systems and training,” it stressed.

“Our defense relationship with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is stronger than ever under President Trump’s leadership, and the package signed today, the largest defense cooperation deal in US history, is a clear demonstration of our commitment to strengthening our partnership,” it said.

“The agreement opens the door for expanded US defense industry participation and long-term sustainment partnerships with Saudi entities.”

“The deepening United States-Saudi Arabia partnership reflects a joint vision for long-term prosperity and employment opportunities in both nations,” said the statement.

Trump had arrived in the Kingdom earlier on Tuesday on his first overseas trip since his reelection. He was received by Prince Mohammed bin Salman, Crown Prince and Prime Minister.

The leaders later chaired the Saudi-American summit that reviewed several joint files.

They then signed an economic strategic partnership agreement and oversaw the signing of several agreements between their countries in various fields.



Saudi Leadership Donates SAR70 Million to the National Campaign for Charitable Work

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Leadership Donates SAR70 Million to the National Campaign for Charitable Work

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and Prince Mohammed bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Crown Prince and Prime Minister, donated SAR70 million to the sixth edition of the National Campaign for Charitable Work, through the National Platform for Charitable Work (Ehsan), which was launched in Riyadh on Friday.

King Salman donated SAR40 million, while the Crown Prince donated SAR30 million. The donations are an extension of the generous and unlimited support provided by the wise leadership for charitable work in the Kingdom.

Ehsan Supervisory Committee Chairman Dr. Majid Al-Kassabi expressed his gratitude to King Salman and Crown Prince Mohammed for their generous donations.

The Ehsan platform continues to receive donations throughout the holy month of Ramadan from individuals and organizations through its website, mobile application, dedicated telephone number, and designated bank account.


Saudi FM Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from Russian Counterpart 

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
TT

Saudi FM Receives Message on Bilateral Ties from Russian Counterpart 

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)
Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov. (Saudi Foreign Ministry)

Saudi Minister of Foreign Affairs Prince Faisal bin Farhan bin Abdullah and his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov congratulated each other on Thursday on the centenary of diplomatic relations between their countries.

Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Waleed Elkhereiji received, on behalf of the foreign minister, a letter from Lavrov during a meeting with Russian Ambassador to the Kingdom Sergey Kozlov in Riyadh.

The diplomats exchanged congratulations on the centenary of diplomatic relations and discussed several issues of common interest.


Saudi Defense Minister Decorates Former CENTCOM Commander with King Abdulaziz Medal 

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Defense Minister Decorates Former CENTCOM Commander with King Abdulaziz Medal 

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)
Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz and former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla during the ceremony in Riyadh on Thursday. (SPA)

Saudi Minister of Defense Prince Khalid bin Salman bin Abdulaziz bestowed on Thursday the King Abdulaziz Medal of Excellent Class upon former Commander of the United States Central Command (CENTCOM) retired General Michael Kurilla.

The medal was awarded at the directives of Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud.

The ceremony took place at the defense minister's office in Riyadh.