Gulf Air Defenses Intercept More Than 1,800 Iranian Missiles and Drones

Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)
Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)
TT

Gulf Air Defenses Intercept More Than 1,800 Iranian Missiles and Drones

Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)
Missiles and drones intercepted over Doha. (dpa)

Iranian attacks on cities and critical facilities across Gulf states continued, while regional air defense systems reported intercepting more than 465 missiles and 1,414 drones since the start of the confrontation.

Major General Turki Al-Maliki, the official spokesman for the Saudi Ministry of Defense, said the US Embassy in Riyadh was targeted Tuesday by two drones. Saudi air defenses also intercepted and destroyed eight drones near Riyadh and Al-Kharj.

Saudi Arabia’s Foreign Ministry strongly condemned the Iranian attack on the embassy building, describing it as a serious violation of international norms. In a statement, the ministry said the “repeated cowardly and unjustified attack” contravenes international law, including the 1949 Geneva Conventions and the 1961 Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, which guarantee the protection of diplomatic premises and personnel even during armed conflict.

Riyadh warned that such actions could push the region toward further escalation, particularly as Saudi Arabia had previously made clear that it would not allow its territory or airspace to be used for attacks on Iran. The Kingdom reiterated its right to take all necessary measures to safeguard its territory, citizens, residents and vital interests, including the option to respond to aggression.

Oman: Attacks on Duqm and Dhofar

In Oman, a security source said fuel storage tanks at Duqm Port were targeted by several drones, one of which struck a tank. Authorities said the damage was contained and no casualties were reported.

According to the Oman News Agency, Muscat condemned the attack and said it was taking all necessary steps to address the situation. Security officials also reported that two drones were shot down over Dhofar Governorate, while a third fell near the Port of Salalah without causing casualties or damage.

Oman renewed its condemnation of the attacks and affirmed that it would take all necessary measures to protect national security.

Kuwait: Missiles Intercepted

The Kuwaiti Armed Forces General Staff said Tuesday that military units had confronted a wave of missiles and drones detected in the country’s airspace and were continuing operations to intercept them.

The US Embassy in Kuwait was also targeted in an Iranian attack. Kuwait’s Foreign Ministry condemned the strike “in the strongest terms,” describing it as a blatant violation of international law and diplomatic conventions, including the Geneva Conventions and the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations. The country reaffirmed its right to take all necessary measures to protect its security, territory and residents.

Qatar: Missile Stocks Denial

In Doha, the Qatari Ministry of Defense said the country’s armed forces possess the capabilities needed to protect national territory and confront any external threat.

The Qatar International Media Office denied a Bloomberg report claiming the country had only four days’ worth of interceptor missiles remaining. In a statement, the office said stocks for Qatar’s Patriot air defense system remain intact and sufficient, with reserves still available.

Meanwhile, QatarEnergy announced it had suspended production of several chemical, petrochemical and downstream industrial products in the country. The decision follows its earlier halt of liquefied natural gas (LNG) production and related products.

The suspension affects a range of products, including urea, polymers, methanol and aluminium. Qatar also condemned Iranian attacks targeting US diplomatic missions in Riyadh and Kuwait, calling them a clear violation of international law.

Bahrain: Dozens of Missiles Destroyed

The Bahrain Defense Force said its air defense systems had destroyed 73 missiles and 91 drones launched as part of what it described as a “terrorist Iranian assault” on the kingdom.

The military said it had successfully thwarted what it called indiscriminate attacks that violate international humanitarian law and the United Nations Charter.

It added that Bahrain possesses advanced defense systems and modern military capabilities to protect its airspace, waters and territory, stressing that its forces remain fully prepared to confront any threats to the country’s security or sovereignty.

UAE: Fire at Fujairah Oil Zone

Authorities in the Emirate of Fujairah in the UAE said they had contained a fire that broke out Tuesday morning in the Fujairah Oil Industry Zone (FOIZ).

The blaze was caused by debris falling after air defenses successfully intercepted a drone. Officials confirmed there were no injuries, and operations in the area have returned to normal.

Authorities urged the public to rely on official sources for information and avoid spreading rumors or unverified reports.

GCC Condemns Iranian Attacks

Jasem Albudaiwi, Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), strongly condemned what he described as Iran’s “cowardly and treacherous attacks” on member states, including strikes on civilian and diplomatic facilities such as the US embassies in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.

Albudaiwi said the attacks and the accompanying escalation represent clear evidence of Tehran’s intentions toward Gulf states and its efforts to destabilize regional and global security.

“Targeting the territory of GCC states cannot be justified under any pretext,” he stated, calling on Iran to immediately halt what he described as “barbaric attacks.” He added that GCC countries stand united in defending their sovereignty, security and national interests.



Etidal, Telegram Remove over 34 Million Extremist Items

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
TT

Etidal, Telegram Remove over 34 Million Extremist Items

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA
The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space. SPA

Joint efforts by the Global Center for Combating Extremist Ideology (Etidal) and Telegram led to the removal of 34,290,268 items of extremist content and the closure of 1,275 channels used to disseminate and promote such material during the first half of 2026.

The initiative is part of ongoing efforts to counter extremist propaganda and curb its spread across the digital space.

Since the collaboration began in February 2022 through June 30, 2026, a total of 292,597,845 items of extremist content have been removed and 20,362 channels closed.

The continued cooperation underscores the effectiveness of joint efforts by Etidal and Telegram in curbing the spread of extremist propaganda and contributing to a safer digital environment.


Saudi Royal Orders Transform Ehsan Platform into Independent Non-Profit Foundation

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
TT

Saudi Royal Orders Transform Ehsan Platform into Independent Non-Profit Foundation

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)
Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz. (SPA)

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman bin Abdulaziz issued on Thursday a Royal Order to transform the National Platform for Charitable Work (Ehsan) into an independent non-profit foundation under the name "Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work".

The foundation aims to strengthen charitable work and connect donors with beneficiaries by providing diverse donation opportunities, enabling individuals and companies to donate, and, in coordination with government and private entities, enhancing the efficiency of the non-profit sector in the Kingdom.

Another Royal Order was issued to form the Board of Trustees of the Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work, chaired by Dr. Majid Al-Kassabi and his deputy Ahmed Al-Rajhi. The membership term is three years that can be renewed.

The board includes Dr. Abdullah bin Sharaf Al-Ghamdi, governor of the General Authority for Awqaf, Eng. Abdulrahman bin Ibrahim bin Abdulrahman Al-Ruwaitea, Adib bin Abdullah bin Hamad Al-Zamil, Princess Nouf bint Mohammed bin Abdullah bin Mohammed Al Abdulrahman, Dr. Abdulrahman bin Abdulmohsen bin Mohammed Al-Khalaf, and Emad bin Abdulqader bin Abdulmohsen Al-Muhaideb.

For more than five years, the Ehsan platform has received support and enabled contributions from all segments of society. As a result, the platform has received more than 440 million donations totaling SAR17 billion, underscoring society's confidence in the platform's role in empowering the Kingdom's charitable sector and its commitment to charitable giving across various fields.

This institutional transformation represents a major step toward achieving the objectives and future aspirations of charitable work in the Kingdom by strengthening the Ehsan Foundation for Charitable Work's ability to promote innovation and develop Ehsan platform services. It will also support programs, services and non-profit donation platforms and contribute to unifying technical and professional efforts in charitable and development work.


Saudi Ambassador Inaugurates 3rd Phase of Lebanese Land Exports to the Kingdom

Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
TT

Saudi Ambassador Inaugurates 3rd Phase of Lebanese Land Exports to the Kingdom

Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA
Part of Thursday’s inauguration ceremony. SPA

Saudi Ambassador to Lebanon Fahd bin Abdulrahman Al-Dosari inaugurated on Thursday the third phase of Lebanese exports to the Kingdom.

Saudi Crown Prince and Prime Minister Mohammed bin Salman had ordered the resumption of Lebanese exports to the Kingdom.

The exports will pass through the Masnaa border crossing between Lebanon and Syria.

Thursday’s inauguration ceremony was attended by Lebanese Minister of Public Works and Transport Fayez Rasamny, representing the prime minister, along with several government officials.

Rasamny praised the Kingdom’s decision to resume imports of Lebanese products, describing it as a direct support for the national economy and a step that opens new opportunities for Lebanese producers.

The ceremony also included the activation of the scanner at Masnaa. This was followed by an inspection visit to the site designated for the establishment of a new land border crossing center.